Posted on 28th October 2019 at 16:46
You have accepted an offer, now it is time to instruct a solicitor.
This is when paperwork becomes important…….
• Fill in the paperwork and return to your solicitor as soon as possible
• Your solicitor will then forward contract papers to the buyers’ solicitors
• When the buyers’ solicitors are satisfied, we can then proceed to exchange of contracts
When contracts are exchanged, it is then legally binding to sell the property.
On completion day
• This is when you hand over the keys and move out of your property. If you have an estate agent, you should hand the keys to them for the buyer to collect.
• Your solicitor will receive the money from the buyers solicitor
• Your solicitor will pay off any existing mortgage, pay the estate agent, themselves and then forward the balance to you
The sellers have accepted your offer, now it is time to instruct a solicitor.
Your solicitor will:-
• review and report to you on the Title to the property
• carry out searches
• liaise with the seller’s solicitor, the estate agent and your mortgage provider on your behalf
Once your solicitor has received all the above together with your signed documents together with your deposit, they will be able to proceed to exchange of contracts.
Exchange of Contracts
This is when the date for moving is legally fixed.
Completion day - the day keys are yours!
Your solicitor will send the money to the seller’s solicitors. When the money is received, they will ring us, and the Estate Agent and you will then be told the keys can be collected. The house is now yours!
If you have any questions, just contact us on 0113 200 7480.
Tagged as: Residential Conveyancing
Share this post: